Services for Faculty
- Research Workshops - Workshops are tailored to the needs of your class and can range from general introductions to instruction on locating books, journal articles and/or evaluating information.
- Interlibrary Loan - We are part of a vast library network and can request books and/or periodical articles for those items which are not part of our collection.
- Book & Audio-Visual Purchases - Collection development is a collaborative endeavor between deans, faculty and librarians; we will honor suggestions for acquisition, as funds permit, and within the context of mission of the College.
- Instructor Reserves - Items may be placed on reserve throughout the semester; instructors' personal copies must be picked up at the end of the quarter; Library-owned materials will be returned to the main collection at the end of the quarter.
- Research Assistance To Support The Goals Of Your Class - Librarians are regularly available to meet with faculty who are designing or revising library and research related assignments. This collaboration helps to generate assignments that refer to the best possible sources and also allows for accommodation to meet the needs of the assignment.
- Faculty Office Visits - Schedule an office visit (our place or yours!) with a Kendall librarian; we can discuss and demonstrate the value of our resources and services including:
The Online Catalog
- Locate materials in the Kendall collection; see what you can recommend to your students.
- Initiate an interlibrary loan request through I-Share.
Online Periodical Databases
- Identify/search appropriate magazine, journal and newspapers databases.
- Locate a particular journal or specific article in a database; many journals are online with full-text capabilities; articles can be sent to any e-mail account.