1. After you are accepted to Kendall College, we will send you an information packet, which will include your I-20 and complete instructions on how to apply for your student visit.
2. Upon receiving the I-20 form, contact your nearest US Embassy or Consulate to schedule a visa interview. Please note, visa interviews can not take place sooner than 120 days before your entrance date into the US. The purpose of the interview is to prove your intent to attend Kendall College, complete your studies and return to your home country.
Visit the US State Department web site for up to date interview appointment availability and processing timelines.
When you schedule your visa interview, ask the embassy for a list of the documents you should bring with you to the interview, such as:
- Your Kendall I-20 Form
- Receipt of your paid I-901 Fee
- Original Financial Information
- Study Plan
3. Contact Kendall College as soon as you get your visa, let us know when you plan to arrive in Chicago. Shortly before your arrival, we will contact you to make arrangements for your airport pick-up and take you to the Student Residence Hall.
If your visa application is denied: you are within your rights to ask the embassy official the reason for the denial, as well as any steps you should take if you wish to re-apply for visa in the future.