Hire a Kendall College Student Intern
The Career Services Office partners with industry leaders to provide each student intern with meaningful experiences that range from entry-level to supervisory internship opportunities. The student's career objectives, academic program, and prior relevant industry experience are reviewed to customize a training outline to benefit both student and employer.
3 months - April thru June
6 months - April thru September
3 months - July thru September
6 months - July thru December
3 months - September thru December
6 months - September thru March
3 months - January thru March
6 months - January thru June
Responsibilities of the Internship Sponsor
- Provide students with a minimum of 400 work hours for 3 months or 800 hours for 6 months internship.
- Provide an environment in which students can learn and gain sound business practices and skills.
- A commitment to providing consistent supervision by trained personnel.
- Comply with Kendall's non-discrimination policy with regard to race, ethnic origin, religion or sex, as required by state law.
- Provide workers compensation average, as required by state law.
Kendall College's official position is that our students should receive compensation for their internship experience. Compensation can include an hourly pay rate, room & board, or a scheduled stipend. In some cases, students may opt to accept an unpaid internship.
How to Become an Internship Sponsor
To become an Internship Sponsor, you need to have at least two years of operating history (though exceptions may be allowed) and submit the completed Internship Sponsor Application with the following information:
- Typical training outline for the internship position
- Sales/marketing collateral or media kit
- Supervisor/Chef's biography or resume (restaurants/F&B organizations only)
- Menus and/or product lists (restaurants/F&B organizations only)
Please mail all materials to:
Attn: Career Services Office
900 N. North Branch Street, Chicago IL 60642
All approved internship positions will be posted on Kendall’s online job posting system, the Kendall Career Connection (KCC).
For more information call 312.752.2012 or email firstname.lastname@example.org