Financial Aid Rights

Kendall College financial aid recipients have the following rights:

  • You may decline all or any part of your financial aid award. This should be done through the myFinAid portal or may be submitted in writing to the Office of Financial Aid.
  • You may cancel a Federal loan disbursement within 14 days of the date of disbursement notification and assume responsibility for any resulting tuition account balance.
  • You will be notified in writing of any changes to your financial aid eligibility and/or your awards.
  • You may request review of your financial aid application due to special or unusual circumstances that would change the Expected Family Contribution and/or the Cost of Attendance. All such requests should be submitted in writing on the Request for Review of Special Circumstances form available on the Kendall website and from the Financial Aid Office.  Be sure to include supporting documentation.
  • In protection of your rights under the Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the staff at Kendall College will not release specific information about your financial aid award to third parties without your permission.  
  • You have the right to contact the Federal Student Financial Aid Ombudsman to resolve issues related to your student loans. For more information see the academic catalog.
  • You may contact the Director of Financial Aid with unresolved concerns about your financial aid via email at