Tuna Melt Tacos
Yield: 4 tacos
Prepared with aged cheddar and drizzled with spicy Greek yogurt, this taco will wow those who love a classic tuna melt. The best part is that it comes together in minutes. Recipe courtesy of Kendall College, School of Culinary Arts Chicago.
1 6½-oz. can albacore tuna packed in water, drained
4 T. mayonnaise
1½ T. minced onion
2 T. minced celery
Several grinds black pepper
½ t. lemon juice
¾ c. grated sharp cheddar cheese
¼ c. Greek yogurt
2½ t. Cholula® Hot Sauce Original
4 6” corn or flour tortillas
1. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2. In a bowl, mix together the tuna, mayonnaise, onion, celery, pepper and lemon juice. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, combine the yogurt and hot sauce. Set aside. (This sauce can be made up to a day in advance, covered and refrigerated.)
4. Place the tortillas on a baking sheet, making sure none overlap. Divide the tuna salad evenly among the 4 tortillas, placing the tuna salad in the center of each tortilla and spreading it evenly toward the edge. Sprinkle an even quantity of cheese atop each tuna-salad taco. Place the baking sheet in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the tuna salad is hot.
5. Remove the tortillas from the baking sheet and, using a spoon, drizzle spicy Greek yogurt over the melted cheese. Serve warm.
Recipe developed by Christopher Koetke, CEC, CCE, HAAC, vice president, Kendall College School of Culinary Arts and Laureate Universities International Center of Excellence in Culinary Arts.