Your browser is out of date

You should upgrade your browser or try a new browser below.

Update Internet Explorer Try Firefox Try Google Chrome
Student Life

Getting Around the City

Divvy – Chicago’s Bike Sharing System

We are happy to announce student memberships are now available from Divvy to Kendall College students!

Instead of $70 a year, Kendall Students will receive a membership for $55. By purchasing a Student Annual Membership, you can take as many trips under 30 minutes as you like while your Membership is active. You’re only charged an overtime fee if you take trips longer than that.

To register please go to: and select Kendall College or to directly sign up go to:

Please enter in your account information and payment information. A few things to know:

  • You must use your Kendall e-mail address that ends in “” to receive the discount
  • The partner password is Kendall15

Once the signup process is complete, you will receive an e-mail confirmation and your membership key in the mail within 5-9 days.

If there are any questions, please contact Glenn Danielson at

U-PASS/Ventra information & FAQ

About your U-Pass

Here are the basics about how U-Pass works:

Your U-Pass provides you unlimited rides on the CTA during your enrollment as a full-time student at Kendall College.(The unlimited riding your U-Pass provides is on CTA buses and trains, only. To use your U-Pass to ride Pace buses, load transit value or passes valid for your trip on Pace.)

Your pass is good for up to five years (see its expiration date and hold onto it). Your card will work across multiple school terms over its life, and also works when you’re not in school as a regular Ventra Card for full fare and/or full fare passes. (You won’t get a new one with each school session or year and the cost to replace a lost/stolen U-Pass is $50.)

As long as you’re enrolled full-time at Kendall College, your U-Pass privileges are loaded onto your card automatically. Kendall College loads all eligible students 2 weeks prior to orientation. If you registered to be a full time student after this time, please contact the U-PASS administration at Kendall College to have your card turned to full time.

Add passes and transit value for:

  • Riding CTA when school is not in session or when you do not qualify as a full-time student.
  • Riding Pace, year-round.
  • To pay for others who are traveling with you, as additional riders, on the same card. (You can bring up to six additional people with you.)

Who is eligible for U-PASS?

  • Student who are full time at Kendall College are eligible for U-PASS
  • Student who are on internship are eligible for U-PASS
  • Note: All ECE Students who would like U-PASS added must contact the business office each quarter to activate U-PASS.Early Childhood Education students are also eligible for U-PASS, but they must be full time and pay $100 additionally for U-PASS at the business office. You can contact the business office at 312-752-2024 or e-mail

When is my U-PASS Active and not Active?

Your U-PASS will be active the first day of the quarter until the last day of final exams.

If I work on campus or have a class during break, is my U-PASS activated?

U-PASS is only for full time students, during the break students are not full time and cannot have their card activated.

My card keeps saying “insufficient funds”

Please call the 1-877-NOW-VENTRA number on the back of the card, they will work with you to correct the issue.

If you ride Pace, you’ll need to load transit value or passes that are valid on their services before you ride. Your U-Pass riding privileges aren’t valid for fare on Pace.

Where will I pick up my U-PASS?

Please come to the 2nd Floor Student Concierge desk to pick up your card. You will receive a message to your Kendall e-mail when it arrives.

I missed orientation, how do I get my U-PASS?

Please come to the Student Concierge Desk at the 2nd Floor and we will work to get your U-PASS made.

What are the U-Pass replacement, rules and regulations?

As you begin to use your U-Pass, please be aware of the following rules for being a U-Pass cardholder.

  • Handle your card carefully. There is a replacement fee if your card stops working as a result of abuse.
  • Your U-Pass is for your use only and cannot be transferred or sold. If this rule is violated, we reserve the right to confiscate the card and prohibit you from having a U-Pass for a full year, and/ or press criminal charges.
  • If your card is lost or stolen, visit your school’s U-Pass administrator to complete a report and request a new card. A non-refundable replacement fee ($50) will be collected for a lost/stolen card.
  • If your card is defective, we can replace it. The first replacement is free, though subsequent replacements will be billed back to you ($5). In order for a card to be determined defective, you will need to go the Ventra Customer Service Center at 567 W. Lake Street, 2nd floor, Chicago, IL. They’ll give you a form stating that your card is defective and a 7-Day ticket. The defective card must be returned through your school. The school will order you a replacement card.

Do I get a 7-Day passes if I lose my U-PASS?
Students only receive a 7-day pass when they initially order their U-PASS. Students will not receive an additional 7-day pass if they lose a U-PASS.

If I order a new U-PASS, how long will it before it arrives?
Your New U-PASS will arrive on or before 7 days from the day it is ordered.

Kendall College
Request Information
This is a required field
This is a required field
This is a required field
This is a required field