WINE PROFESSIONAL PROGRAM
Advanced Level III · Sommelier
Twenty five weeks of 125 total hours of hands-on instruction and assessment. Upon successful completion of the requirements in this course, the participant will be awarded the Wine Sommelier Certification.
DATES AND COSTS:
Instructor: John Peter Laloganes, M.Ed, Sommelier III
Time: 5:30-10:30 p.m.
Tuesday Night’s Starting Tuesday, March 6, 2018
Learning Outcomes – Upon completion of the Advanced Level III – Sommelier, the student will have:
- Summarized the geographic, geological, and climatic attributes regarding the major Old World wine producing areas (France, Italy, German, Spain, Portugal and Austria) and their influence on corresponding grape varietals. OLD WORLD
- Demonstrated an advanced capacity for the sensory evaluation of wine. ADVANCED SENSORY ANALYSIS
- Evaluated classical wine and food combinations from different regions of the world. OLD WORLD GASTRONOMY
- Created a 5 course prix fixe menu with wine pairing justifications. ADVANCED FOOD PAIRING
- Created an appropriate beverage menu given cost constraints and demographic variables for a given concept. MENU DEVELOPMENT
- Demonstrated proper professional wine service through opening and decanting wine. SERVICE
- Showcased an understanding of non wine beverages that includes: beer, spirits, sake, cider, vermouth, tea and coffee. OTHER BEVERAGES
$3,499 (TASTE members receive a 10% discount). Includes all tastings and course materials including a copy of the primary textbook, “The Wine Bible, Second Edition” by Karen MacNeil.