You can’t out-train or out-exercise a bad diet! Nutrition is critical when trying to lose weight and/or
gain control of our health. This three part series takes an in-depth look at health, how food affects us
and what non-food activities play a role in healthy changes. Our goal is more than basic knowledge,
it’s to help you get healthier without a total life disruption and without giving up on flavor.
Join us for one, or all of our 3 part Nutrition Cooking Series.
In order to have stable energy from sunrise to sunset, and be able to sleep through the night, requires
us to keep our blood sugar stable and load up on the most nutrient-packed foods. The secret to eating
for fueling with food is actually very simple: control your blood sugar.
As with our first and second class in this series, we’ll start in the classroom to cover:
● understand the glycemic index and what it means to your energy
● effects of high and low glycemic foods
● breaking the sugar habit
● importance of protein
● plant-based sources of protein
● top therapeutic foods for healing
Then we’ll head into the kitchen to create:
● Sunflower Seed Pate with Cucumber ‘Chips’
● Almond Veggie Burgers with Spicy Mango Chutney on Jicama
● Herb Roasted Vegetables with Lime Harissa Cashew Sauce
● Raw Chocolate-Dipped Cookie Dough Bites
Classes led by Culinary Nutrition Expert and Integrative Health Coach Monique Costello (Happy Eats
Healthy) are based on whole, clean food with a focus on anti-inflammatory ingredients. Being Healthy
is Finally Delicious!