International Application Process
Our international students—hailing from more than 50 countries—are an essential element of Kendall’s vibrant culture. We offer our international students the valuable opportunity to study in the heart of Chicago, where they hone real-world skills during their required internship and during their 12 months of optional practical training (OPT) post-graduation. Scholarships and aid are available specifically for international students. Apply now and graduate ready for the world!
International Admissions Checklist
Applying to Kendall College at National Louis University is a two-step process:
- Step 1 is applying for admission to your program of study
- Step 2 is applying for your F-1 student visa
Apply for Admission
To apply for admission to your program of study, please submit the required documents listed below:
- Online application
- Apply for free to National Louis University at https://www.nl.edu/applyonline/.
- Official transcripts
- If you have transcripts from any school outside of the United States, please go to https://www.edperspective.org/documentation-requirements.php, select your country of education, and send the required documents for your education level to your international enrollment specialist, or to email@example.com.
- If you have transcripts from any school in the United States, contact your school and ask them to send your official transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Proof of English language proficiency
- Proof of English language proficiency is required unless you are a citizen of a country where English is an official language, or you have completed at least 2 years of college/university, or 3 years of high school/secondary school, where English is the language of instruction.
- If proof of English language proficiency is required, official scores meeting the minimum score requirements for one of the following tests must be sent to email@example.com:
- IELTS: Overall band 6.0 or higher, with no band below 6.0.
- TOEFL iBT: Overall score 72 or higher.
- TOEFL PBT: Overall score 533 or higher.
- Pearson Test of English: Overall score 50 or higher.
- Students who do not meet the English language proficiency requirements may be offered provisional admission to Kendall College at National Louis University. Provisionally admitted students can study in the National Louis University English Program—typically for 1, 2 or 3 quarters (depending on initial English proficiency level), until they are ready to matriculate into their degree program by meeting the English language proficiency requirements.
Apply for a Student Visa
To apply for your F-1 student visa, please submit the required documents listed below. You can send all of your documents to your international enrollment specialist, or to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Copy of your passport identity page
- Must be valid for at least 6 months after your intended start date.
- Bank statement or letter showing minimum funding required for your program of study
- Must be stamped and signed by a bank official, and dated no more than 6 months before your intended start date.
- Required funding amounts by program (all amounts in USD):
- Culinary arts/baking and pastry: $45,000
- Hospitality management: $40,500
- Confidential statement of support
- If the bank statement or letter is in someone else’s name, such as a parent, family member, or other sponsor, this form must be completed and signed by both you and your sponsor.
- If your bank statement or letter is signed and stamped by a bank official, you do not need to complete section 3 of this form.
- If your bank statement or letter is not signed and stamped by a bank official, you will need to have them complete, sign, and stamp section 3 of this form.
- Administrative fee
- An administrative fee of $350 is required before your visa documents will be sent. This fee is non-refundable.
- If you are paying from a non-U.S. account, you can make a payment online via FlyWire at https://payment.flywire.com/pay/payment.
- If you are paying from an account within the United States, you can make a payment online via ECSI at https://easypath.ecsi.net/6I/801/Epay?pId=795.
- If you are paying via wire transfer, please use these instructions.
Once we receive all of your visa documents, we will issue your I-20, which you will then use to schedule your visa interview at a U.S. Embassy or Consulate.
Questions? Contact an international enrollment specialist at email@example.com.