Whether you are a seasoned professional from another area of business or just starting out on your career plans, a degree in hospitality management is a great move to make. This kind of training can prepare you for many opportunities in a variety of settings. Many people who really enjoying working with others and have organizational skills have found the hospitality industry a rewarding place to work. So what can you do with a hospitality management degree? A whole lot!
What Jobs Can You Get With A Degree In Hospitality Management?
There are many career opportunities awaiting you.
- Airlines– There are few industries that have more contact with the general public than the airlines. Whether you work behind the scenes or directly with customers, you will be able to put your natural skills and training to good use in this fast-paced business. Don’t forget that many airline employees also get to fly at no cost during their career!
- Restaurant & Beverage Management– Leaders in this field manage/oversee all of the business operations of restaurants and other food service companies. As a manager, you would be responsible for staffing, training, scheduling, inventory management and customer relations. A good leader in this field is critical to the success of this kind of business.
- Hotel/Resort Management – There are many career opportunities in this area of hospitality management. Hotel managers are responsible for the overall functioning of a property, whether that be a busy corporate hotel or a luxury resort. Taking care of customers is the primary goal. As a manager you will be responsible for making sure that the staff have the skills they need to create a great experience for guests. In addition, you will coordinate with other department heads (housekeeping, food service, laundry, grounds people etc.) to ensure that all guest services are running smoothly and according to plan.
- Tourism/Destination Management- Whether it’s a world famous vacation destination or a local attraction, there is no shortage of jobs in this exciting part of the hospitality industry. People come from all over the world to experience some of these wonderful locations and the leaders in this business see to it that no detail it left unnoticed. When tourists/travelers go home after having a wonderful trip to one of these destinations, the hospitality management staff can take pride in the fact that they led the team that made the joyful experience a reality for the guest.
- Human Resources Manager- Some people may not realize that a career in Human Resources is even possible with a degree in hospitality management. Your training can prepare you to work in the Human Resources department of a related business such as hotels, restaurants, casinos and more. Human Resource managers work with employees in a variety of capacities such as payroll, insurance, hiring and training. HR professionals play a vital role in the success of any operation.
There are few programs today that afford a graduate such a wide range of career opportunities as having a hospitality management degree does. The training received from this course of study can prepare you for many different jobs in the industry. Next time someone asks what can you do with a hospitality management degree, you’ll be armed with plenty of exciting facts.
Are you ready to start on the path toward a degree in hospitality management? Kendall College of Culinary Arts and Hospitality Management at National Louis University is rated the top Hospitality School in Chicago. Open your future to many exciting opportunities by earning your degree with us. The sky is the limit!